Watch out! Rose-Mary Rumbley is going to take you to court!! Actually, to see
The Best Little Courthouses in Texas!
Waxahachie & Hillsboro
Come see the fascinating and beautiful Waxahachie Courthouse, generally considered to be THE #1 FAVORITE COURTHOUSE IN TEXAS! Hear its unusual tales of the design of the happy and ugly carved faces that adorn its exterior. See the gorgeous renovated courthouse in Hillsboro, brought back from the disastrous fire that occurred in 1992. Two of the state’s best all in one day.
Sure you’ve seen these courthouses before, but you haven’t seen them like this!
- COURTHOUSES: – Texas is blessed with the nation’s best collection of 19th and 20th century courthouses, colorful and interesting monuments to local people’s democracy. Two of the very best, those in Waxahachie and Hillsboro, have been completely renovated, shined, polished and redone to gorgeous splendor. The Hillsboro one suffered a disastrous fire and the Waxahachie building badly needed fixin’ up. Both are now completed and ready to receive visitors, all decked out and looking their best ever. These are two of the best in the nation, and you must come see them.
- SHOPPING!! – What would a visit to a small Texas town be without checking out the gift and antique stores around the square. We have set aside time for you to do just that. Don’t forget your checkbook and credit card.
- LUNCH!! – You will be on your own to make the hard choice about which café around the square in Waxahachie you will have lunch in!
- ROSE-MARY RUMBLEY!! – Dallas’ leading story-teller will keep you laughing and enthralled as she recounts tales about how these magnificent palaces of justice were constructed, who shot whom, and who sued whom!
- ADDED ATTRACTION – The Texas Heritage Museum & Research Center in Hillsboro! The Center for honoring and remembering the history of Texans as they participated in the Civil War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam.
- Tour departs 9:00am
- Returns approximately 7:00pm
The meals! Lunch on your own at one of the excellent cafes around the square in Waxahachie. Dinner can be scheduled at the old favorite CATFISH PLANTATION in Waxahachie. Famed for its food as well as its hauntings – they have endured plenty of documented sightings, so bring your ghosthunter gear. Dinner to die for!
Tour Can Include
The price of your tour of the WAXAHACHIE and HILLSBORO COURTHOUSES can include:
- Luxury motor coach transportation
- Drinks and snacks on board the motor coach
- Gratuity for the driver
- Tours of both Courthouses