The Wonders of Waco
Yes, WACO, Texas, is one of the country’s hottest destinations! And many of you know why – Joanna and Chip Gaines’ FIXER-UPPER smash TV hit! On this tour you will get to see their Magnolia Market at The Silos in downtown Waco, their bakery, their store, their gardens, and several of the homes they have renovated. And you’ll have lunch at the food trucks stationed at their location.
BUT, there is truly enough to see in Waco that it can take two days to do so:
- HOMESTEAD HERITAGE VILLAGE – This Amish-style farm has horse-tilled fields, a bakery, cheesemaking, a blacksmith and a potter.and the highest rated restaurant in Waco on Trip Advisor! That’s where you will have lunch!
- WACO MAMMOTH NATIONAL MONUMENT – One of our newest national monuments, this site is a climate-controlled excavation dig where a family of mammoths is being unearthed. Visitors can get up close and personal with the mammoths and the scientists!
- The TEXAS RANGERS MUSEUM – the law officers, not the baseball team! This site is dedicated to one of the most visible of the Texas western symbols, the lawmen who brought order to the wild west of legendary Texas.
- A stop at the DR PEPPER MUSEUM, where we will see displays devoted to that wonderful Texas soft drink. Those who wish may partake of their delectable Dr Pepper Sundaes!
- A DRIVING TOUR of the important sites of Waco, highlighted by the graceful and historic Suspension Bridge, the Baylor University campus, downtown, and the attractive 19th century homes.
- ARMSTRONG BROWNING LIBRARY at Baylor University. For the literary and English minded, a center devoted to the lives and loves of 19th century poets and authors Elizabeth Barrett Browning and her husband. Includes personal possessions, recreated rooms and furnishings.
Includes all tours, plus
- Lunch at the Homestead Heritage Café
- Dinner at Buzzard Billy’s – patio sunset dining on the Brazos
- Kolaches at The Village Bakery in West
- Overnight accommodations with breakfast in Waco
- All tips, plus snacks and drinks on the coach