The Best of San Antonio
Essential Texas History, Food & Culture
Three days / two nights
Tours to see the Christmas Parade on the River in San Antonio are scheduled over the weekend immediately following Thanksgiving, as the Parade is always on Friday night of that weekend.
Take your group on a motor coach tour to San Antonio that will show them all the best sights this atmospheric, Spanish, historic city has to offer. Not only is it the Cradle of Texas Liberty, it is a place rich with Hispanic culture that will soon be 300 years old! This tour will show you all the essential sights the curious traveler wants to see in the most comfortable way possible, in a luxury motor coach with the most knowledgeable guides available.
HISTORY and CULTURE
- The Alamo and the Mission Trail, with four beautiful, well restored missions, including San Jose, with its classic Rose Window and complete complex of buildings.
- The Riverwalk with all its charm and ambiance, which we will see from a private riverboat cruise, as well as on foot.
- The downtown historic area, with San Fernando Cathedral, the Spanish Governor’s Palace, the Navarro House, the Arneson Theatre, and more.
- The Institute of Texan Cultures, where the richly diverse groups that make up Texas are explained.
- The outlying points of interest such as Fort Sam Houston and Trinity University, and more,
- Sunset view of the city from the Tower of the Americas.
- At EL MERCADO, the Mexican Market, with scores of shops with live entertainment.
- At LA VILLITA, the arts and crafts area located in one of the oldest sections of town.
DELICIOUS MEALS ARE ALWAYS POSSIBLE IN SAN ANTONIO
- MI TIERRA’S, one of the very best, and most fun, Tex-Mex places in town.
- CASA RIO on the Riverwalk, a long time legend.
HISTORIC, CONVENIENT ACCOMMODATIONS at the MENGER HOTEL, across the street from The Alamo. Where Presidents Grant, Eisenhower and McKinley stayed, as well as Mae West, Captain Richard King, and Generals Sherman and Lee. Where Teddy Roosevelt recruited Rough Riders in the hotel bar. You can be on their list of guests now too!
ACCESS TO THE BEST SPEAKERS, like Mrs. Docia Williams, author of many guidebooks about San Antonio and Texas, will be our private guide around the city and the Menger Hotel. She collaborated with the Hotel to write its history for their 140th Anniversary. We will have her and her expertise all to ourselves.
FREE TIME to follow your own curiosity to attractions such as the IMAX Alamo Story, the Texas Adventure, the Cowboy Museum, or to stroll the Riverwalk, or shop some more.