The River Parade and Holiday Lighting Ceremony
Three days / two nights
Tours to see the Christmas Parade on the River in San Antonio are scheduled over the weekend immediately following Thanksgiving, as the Parade is always on Friday night of that weekend.
Take your group on a tour to San Antonio that will show them one of the nation’s few nighttime river parades. They will thrill to the dramatic moment when the switch is flicked and the colorful holiday lights are turned on along The Riverwalk. It’s a Christmas fairyland of color and decoration! You will have reserved seats to see the Holiday Lighting Ceremony and the River Parade that follows, where the floats literally float on down the river! Based on your schedule, your travelers can also see the dramatic tree lighting in front of The Alamo.
Of course you will see the best this atmospheric Spanish, historic city has to offer. Not only is it the Cradle of Texas Liberty, it is a place rich with Hispanic culture that will soon be 300 years old! Our tour will show you all the essential sights the curious traveler wants to see in the most comfortable way possible, in a luxury motor coach with the most knowledgeable guides available.
HISTORY and CULTURE
- The Mission Trail, with four beautiful, well restored missions, including San José, with its classic Rose Window and complete complex of buildings.
- The downtown historic area, with San Fernando Cathedral, the Spanish Governor’s Palace, the Navarro House, the Arneson Theatre, and more.
- Mrs. Docia Williams, author of many guidebooks about San Antonio and Texas, will be our private guide around the city and the Menger Hotel. She has authored the history of the Hotel for their 140th Anniversary. Our groups have her and her expertise all to ourselves.
- At EL MERCADO, the Mexican Market, with scores of shops with live entertainment.
- At LA VILLITA, the arts and crafts area located in one of the oldest sections of town.
DELICIOUS FOOD IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE IN SAN ANTONIO
- Group lunches or dinners on the RIVERWALKor nearby in downtown San Antonio are always popular.
- Or, the opportunity for on-your-own dining where ever you wish.
HISTORIC, CONVENIENT ACCOMMODATIONS at the MENGER HOTEL, across the street from The Alamo. Where Presidents Grant, Eisenhower and McKinley stayed, as well as Mae West, Captain Richard King, and Generals Sherman and Lee. Where Teddy Roosevelt recruited Rough Riders in the hotel bar.
FREE TIME to follow your own curiosity to attractions such as the IMAX Alamo Story, or to stroll the Riverwalk, or get in some additional shopping time.