Cowboys and Corpus
An exciting trip to the legendary King Ranch and “The Sparkling City by the Sea”
Three days / two nights
The KING RANCH means Texas – the cowboys, the cattle, the Triple Crown-winning racehorses, the colorful characters from Founder Richard King down to the present, the inspiration for many of the people and events in Edna Ferber’s Giant. You can’t really know Texas until you’ve seen where the modern ranching industry was born!
Corpus Christi has blossomed into a delightful seaside resort with an important collection of historical attractions. Its sparkling bayfront full of sailboats, pleasure craft and top-class seafood restaurants offers a wonderful place to relax.
Your tour will include these Special Access features:
- A private tour aboard the U.S.S. Lexington, the longest serving and greatest record-setting aircraft carrier in history.
- A private tour at the world-renowned King Ranch, with time at the King Ranch Museum and the King Ranch Saddle Shop with its extensive offering of leather goods, and a tour of the sites of Kingsville as laid out by Mrs. Henrietta King.
- A two-hour boat expedition leaving from Port Aransas to see the dolphins at play off the coast. What a treat to see these playful creatures leaping in the surf! We will dredge for marine life and learn what aquatic creatures live off the Texas coast.
- A private motorcoach tour of the waterfront and the historical sites of Corpus Christi with a local historian.
- The State of Texas Aquarium and the Museum of Science and History, where the replicas of Christopher Columbus’s ships are docked.
- Two nights accommodations with baggage handling.
- Three lunches, including one at the King Ranch, and one dinner included.
- Transportation by deluxe motorcoach while in Corpus and on the Ranch.