Amarillo and Canyon, Texas
and the “Texas” Musical Drama at Palo Duro Canyon
Two days / one night
Staged in Palo Duro Canyon outside Amarillo, this play on the settling of the West has thrilled and awed millions over the years.
TEXAS is a spectacular outdoor musical drama, presented by a cast of more than 60 actors and dancers. Performances have been presented using the sheer 1,000′ walls of the Canyon as the backdrop for over 40 years.
And here is the Special Featured Attraction for this tour: not only will your group enjoy the play TEXAS from your reserved seats, but you will have receive a private backstage tour of the enormous outdoor set and amphitheater in the canyon!
This two-day trip also includes these wonderful features:
- Breakfast at COWBOY MORNING. A sizzling hot meal straight from the chuckwagon, located in the spectacular, awesome setting of Palo Duro Canyon. Start the day with the cowboys before they hit the trail.
- The PANHANDLE PLAINS MUSEUM in Canyon, one of the State’s best, covering the history of the brave, persistent pioneers who tamed the prairie.
- Narrated tour of Amarillo, including that world-famous Texas oddity, CADILLAC RANCH, the big-finned Cadillacs buried nose down in the Plains.
- Narrated tour of PALO DURO CANYON, The Grand Canyon of Texas, America’s second largest.
- Included lunches at The Big Texan and The Ranch House in Canyon, and BBQ dinner at the play in Palo Duro Canyon.
- Tour commentary by our knowledgeable Texas historians.
Tour Can Include
- Overnight accommodations at THE BIG TEXAN in Amarillo, a wonderfully “Texas tacky” hotel complete with pool in the shape of the state.
- Based on your starting point, round trip airfare on Southwest Airlines.